LLSA Site-Study Committee Engages in an RFI Process
Last spring the Lincoln Lutheran Board of Directors authorized the creation of a study committee in response to a critical target from the Association’s strategic plan. The critical target focused on Facilities states, “Lincoln Lutheran provides a multi-functional facility, designed and maintained to promote and enhance the delivery of excellent education and extra-curricular programs.” Our current 17+ acre campus is certainly a blessing and God has used it to do great ministry for more than 50 years. However, our space has some very real limitations. Adding bricks and mortar to our current campus will further limit space for programs and parking.
To begin planning for the future, the Board has begun to ask the question, “How can Lincoln Lutheran ensure it has competitive facilities which will respond to future needs for Lutheran Secondary Education in Lincoln?” The committee has chosen to engage the area development community in an RFI (Request For Information) process so they will have the information necessary to create a summary report for the Board. This is a similar prioritizing and planning process utilized by the Lincoln Public Schools and the City of Lincoln. The goal of this process is to determine what opportunities exist to be creative in ministry moving forward, be it on our current campus or on a new site. Please understand that no decisions have been made to move our campus. The committee and Board are simply in a discovery phase. Thank you for continued prayers and support.
Members of the Site-Study Committee include:
- Scott Ernstmeyer, EdS Executive Director – LLSA/LEF
- Bob Caldwell President and CEO – Hampton Enterprises
- Doug Holle, P.E. Manager, Roadway Design – The Schemmer Associates
- Dr. Doug Tewes Physician – Lincoln Orthopaedic Center
- Cory Bergt (Board Member) Senior Relationship Manager – Wells Fargo
- Tom Schulte (Board Member) Vice President of Operations – B &R Stores, Inc.
- David Ringler, P.E. General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products, Inc.
- Chris Blomenberg (Board Member) Attorney – McHenry Haszard Law